How To Start Your Own Coaching Classes Online
How To Start Your Own Coaching Classes Online What's the easiest and fastest way to work poolside, sipping some coconut water and get paid a ton of cash. Why it's the fastest type of online business to have: coaching.
➤Business Taxes - How Business Taxes works
➤Steps for building an online coaching business
- The very first step is to start with what you know. Now, this is a little bit of a pet peeve of mine when people want to become coaches and they don't have any training, any experience in actually helping someone get results. So this is where you really need to look at your education, any training's that you've already gotten, any topic or area where you're seen as a subject matter expert. This is really where you want to start the foundations of your coaching business. Where have you already helped someone improve their life? Now, just as a hint, it's typically going to be in the areas of wealth, health, or relationships. So the very first step is to take a long look at your history, your employment history,your hobbies, your passions. Where Do people turn to you for advice and help? Make sure that you have a track record of having helped people get results in their life. Now, if you're hearing this and you're like, well, I don't have that, the very first step is to start by getting some type of training in the area that you want to be a coach on. "A few months ago, I signed up for a coaches training with a company called Co-active, came highly recommended from a friend. So I'm going to be spending the entire weekend learning how to be a better coach. I'm actually really looking forward to it. This coaching training has been really good, long, long days. I feel like I'm getting a crash course in how to be a therapist and it's really cool to think about how to apply this to business coaching so more tomorrow. So go ahead and look at online programs, online courses, certificate programs. There are so many things that you can become an expert in, but that is the very first step. Become an expert in what you want to coach people on.
- Step two of building your online coaching business is to validate your idea. Now you need to take the idea that you have on what you want to coach people on and look at the market and see if this is something that people are actually willing to pay for. This is where you're going to want to research, use Google, use Facebook, use Reddit threads, whatever you need to do to look to see if other people are already coaching on your area of expertise. If you find other coaches, this is a good thing. This means that the market has already been validated and that there are customers waiting for your coaching services in your research. I would also ask your Facebook friends and your LinkedIn contacts if this is an area that they'd invest coaching into.It can be a really simple posts like, "Give this post a 'like' if this is a topic you'd want coaching on", then whoever likes your post, follow up with them with an individual message, ask to jump on a call with them and really go deep. Really understand what's the problem that they have and how can you help them solve it and hey, if you're just starting out and you're on these calls, don't be shy to actually offer your coaching services for free. This is a perfect way to start to buildup results and testimonials and people who are willing to vouch for your services as a coach. So hear me out. Don't skip this validation phase. You need to confirm that your coaching area is something of substance that someone is willing to pay for.
- The third step to building your business is to actually soft launch, so you don't need a fancy website,you don't need a splashy brand, you just need to keep talking to people. Get on the phone with people in your network who might be an ideal client for you or all those people who responded to your social media posts back in step two - reach out to them. Try to get on the phone with them as well. And when you have these phone calls, you're really gonna want to hone in on what's called the discovery call process. This is a type of phone call that you have where you're not necessarily coaching someone for free, but you're understanding where they're at, what is their main challenge, and if you are the right coach for them. These calls are also the perfect place to refine your offer. It's not a bad idea to actually pitch your coaching program or the idea of it to the people on the calls with you. Their feedback might give you some indication of whether you've hit the mark or maybe you're off. So keep refining your offer based on the feedback you're getting on these calls. Now if you've nailed your offer, this could be the perfect time to actually book in your very first client. So yes, while you're doing market research with these phone calls, maybe you actually do meet someone who would be a perfect client. They love your offer and they're ready to work with you. This is ideal. This is what you're looking for. In this third step, you're simply looking for someone to say, yes, I want to work with you and I'm willing to put money down. So all you need at this stage is a payment gateway, like a PayPal account so that you can send them a link and they can book their spot with you. By now you might have your very first coaching clients, so step four is to build your brand and your community.
- Now, a lot of people get overwhelmed at this stage because they feel like they need a website. They feel like they need to dominate all social media platforms. I say choose up to three social media platforms only where your target community is hanging out and even if three is too much, I am confusing myself at this point. Don't choose more than three social media platforms because who's got time for that? What I recommend is to choose one platform and be really, really good at it. Obviously my favorite platform is Instagram. That's where I first built my community of fans and followers. for your new coaching business and I really recommend that you nail your tagline. This should be one sentence of who you help and how. This tagline is really important, not just for your social media platforms, but also in your discovery calls and how you pitch yourself to new potential clients. This is also the stage where you're going to decide if you want to create longer form content that will allow you to attract people who are outside of your warm network, meaning the people who already know you. So if you wanted to publish blogs on a website or medium.com or maybe you want to host your own podcast, this would be the stage to decide if you want to invest in that type of content, which will attract more people to your services.
- The fifth step is to get seen. You need to get visible and I recommend to actually get in front of other people's audiences that have already been established because by now you probably have one, two, maybe three coaching clients. You've set yourself up on a social media platform so that you can start building your brand, but this is the stage where you want to get in front of other people's audiences. So you're going to pitch yourself to get on podcasts or you're going to write a guest blog for someone's website. The key is you want to make a connection over to someone else whose audience are the same as your target audience. the key here is when you do your research, you want to get in front of other people's audiences who are the same ideal client that you're looking to connect with. So ideally they're not a competitor, but they're someone who's attracted the quality audience that you want to be in front of. So this strategy coupled with your own social media network and maybe your own version of long form content is 100%the fastest way to start getting those qualified leads and discovery calls booked in. This brings call booking tool because obviously as a coach you need your laptop, WiFi, yourself, but you also need a tool that makes it super easy for people to book in free calls or paid calls with you.